Here are some frequently asked questions:
What should my children bring to camp everyday?
- A nut free lunch & snack
- A water bottle
- A hat & sunglasses
- Bug repellent and/or Afterbite
- Weather appropriate clothing (if it rains bring rain gear!)
- Proper footwear for being active
- A bathing suit & towel (or a change of clothes just in case! Spontaneous water activities are never out of the question!);
- And a positive attitude, ready for some amazing adventures!
What should my child never bring to camp?
- Any toys/valuables
- This includes video games, trading cards, water guns, etc
- Fun Rec is not responsible for any lost or stolen belongings
- Any nut products as Fun Rec is a nut free environment!
What if my child cannot make it to camp today?
Please notify the Project Manager as soon as possible via email or cellphone (778) 984-2908!
Where do I drop off and pick up my children?
- Camp drop off will be in the gym at 9am every day!
- Pick up will be in your child’s group’s class room at 3:30pm. Group’s are organized by age group and notices will be posted throughout the school with each room number!
Is there a before/after care program?
Unfortunately, no. Children are to be dropped off no earlier than 9am and picked up no later than 3:30pm. There is a strictly enforced late pick up fee of $10 per portion of 15 minutes late.
How do I contact the program during Fun Rec camp hours?
The Project Manager, Kim, will have the Fun Rec cell phone, at (778) 984-2908, on her at all times. If for some reason she is unable to pick up at the moment, please leave a message and she will get back to you as soon as she can.
My child with special needs would really enjoy a day camp experience, can they join Fun Rec?
Absolutely! Check out our Special Needs program page! The program places children with special needs alongside their friends and classmates. We have specifically trained leaders that work one-on-one with these campers to ensure they have the best experience possible at Fun Rec!
Pre-registration is required so please call (778) 984-2908 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who are the Leaders this year? Are the same great people coming back from last year?
Visit the Fun Rec Leaders Page to check out our leaders for 2017!
Many staff members return year after year. However, some do move on (sadly).
Do you have a pre-school program?
Unfortunately, no there isn’t a pre-school day camp program at this time.